Millennials, or the ‘digital generation’ are considered to be one of the largest and most difficult consumers to market to. Born between 1980 and 2000, they are tech savvy, it is very tricky to appeal to them, as they are always in search of something better and something bigger.
Understanding who the Millennials are, learning about their habits, wants, the ways they operate are vital to chalking out a digital marketing plan to attract them.
Some of the basic characteristics of Millennials are below. Millennials:
- Are not impulsive or instinctive buyers
- Are not necessarily loyal consumers
- Consider company’s political positions and values
- Accept cultural diversity
- Are very well informed and know exactly what they want
- Are brand-conscious and have specific preferences
- Can strongly influence decisions and have a strong opinion
Millennials are online for the majority of the day, either through their laptops or smartphones. They love social media and are experts at social networking. Hence, appealing to them through your digital marketing plan should be possible if your plan adheres to the following:
- Timeliness – Timely dispersal of information, not before, not after, plays a very important role in drawing the attention of the millennials, leading to successful achievement of digital marketing goals.
- Keeping in touch – Connecting regularly with the millennials through emails and messages builds brand trust and wins them over.
- Authentic, genuine – Millennials do not get swayed by catchy phrases and flowery language. Ingenuity in the description of products and services appeal to them. If your company’s values align with theirs, they trust you and are more inclined to buy your products.
- Inbound marketing – Millennials love blog posts, ebooks and fun videos that provide useful information. Instead of just stating facts about your products/services, go for these means to attract the attention of this large consumer group.
Want to know more about how to formulate a digital marketing plan to attract millennials? What works for them and what doesn’t? Read the full story at https://www.wsiworld.com/blog/millennials-how-and-why-you-should-consider-them-in-your-digital-marketing-plan/.