The internet and search engines make it possible to search anything on the web. However with millions of people uploading and sharing content online, the amount of information is often times overwhelming. This is where lists and article curation come into play.
According to Wikipedia, content curation is the process of collecting, organizing and displaying information relevant to a particular topic or area of interest. Basically, it is a collection of content that is created under one list from various, reliable sources. This method is now widely used to filter and deliver the best content that is worth sharing!
Here are a few reasons why creating lists are a big hit that dominates social media:
- Because lists are a collection of the best resources, it adds value to its readers.
- Most of them are easier to read. A great example is Buzzfeed! Just look at their posts and its number of social shares across different social media platforms.
- Since it’s a collection of content, the topics are highly relevant which will keep readers focused on the topic.
Below are some best practices and tips on content curation:
- Always stay relevant to your topic.
- Be consistent.
- Curate articles from reliable and trusted sources.
- Link back, mention or provide attributes accordingly.
- Add personality to the list by adding your own insights about the topic.
- Make it simple.