Reasons Why Businesses Need to Invest in Marketing Automation
In this age of Snapchat, Instagram, and too many social media platforms to name, is email too old-school to contribute to your company’s success? A few years ago, headlines heralded the death of email; now, studies indicate that email is both back and growing. Marketing automation offers a way to leverage email in a way that requires less time but is more consistent. Here are a few reasons why businesses need to invest in marketing automation.
Why Do Businesses Need To Invest In Marketing Automation?
With marketing automation tools, companies can plan full email campaigns with automated follow-ups based on customer responses and let them roll out smoothly on a set schedule. This type of campaign leaves companies’ hands-free, figuratively, to make personal contact with clients who need specific questions answered, or who are ready to move forward with a purchase decision.
The marketing automation tools and processes can be as daunting as reaching out to prospects and clients through cold calls. However, a business can leverage email and marketing automation to minimize time and maximize consistency.
Boost Your Email Marketing Efforts
One of the core reasons that businesses invest in marketing automation is that it boosts their email marketing efforts and ROI. E-consultancy found that from 2012 to 2016, sales attributed to email marketing rose from 18% to 23%. Email marketing is also estimated to have a return of over $40 per dollar spent. And a response, the percentage of marketing budget money designated for email marketing rose from 14% to 15% among companies. So those numbers explain why businesses should incorporate marketing automation into their email marketing, and here are a few ways companies can do so.
Email Marketing Automation Strategies
Marketing automation for small businesses provides a range of different strategies and tools to make your email marketing more effective. First, your business can more efficiently segment your leads, which will improve your ability to target and nurture specific leads within your sales pipeline. You can personalize emails more quickly and based on a considerable number of variables. Drip campaigns are also easier to manage with marketing automation platforms. With marketing automation, your email marketing process improves at every level, from the initial lead scoring and targeting stages to when leads are wholly a part of your drip.
In addition to the strategies listed above, consider the following statistics on the effectiveness of these strategies.
- Business2Community puts the average increase in qualified leads due to marketing automation at 451% (2020).
- Over 54% of respondents in a study by ZDnet preferred engaging with a brand via a chatbot, and not an app.
- Roughly 80% of marketers have reported an increase in email engagement over the past 12 months. (HubSpot, 2020).
- Businesses that use marketing automation are 20% more productive.
- Users who receive several open-cart reminder emails are more than twice as likely to purchase as those who receive only one. (Experian, 2016)
- 75% of consumers are more likely to buy from retailers that use personalized emails, such as the lead’s name or purchase history. (Accenture, 2018)
- 85% of people want emails from their preferred brands at least once a month. (Campaign Monitor, 2016)
- Segmented campaigns can increase revenue by 760%. (Campaign Monitor, 2016)
These are just a few reasons businesses need to be more interactive with current and prospective customers via email. And marketing automation allows companies to segment leads, giving their clients the most exciting news, at the time they are most likely to be engaged, and at the right frequency.
Jump Start Your Email Campaign Success with Marketing Automation
Email marketing best practices change: design, timing, and security are critical factors that could propel your company to higher success. If you want to succeed and invest in marketing automation, contact VIEWS Digital Marketing. VIEWS’ digital marketing specialists stay on top of trends and help you organize a successful email campaign with marketing automation. For more information, contact us today!