Since Elwyn’s beginning in 1852 as one of the nation’s first schools for children with intellectual disabilities, the organization has continued to be at the forefront of developing unique, innovative services for people with disabilities. For over 163 years, their mission and vision have remained steadfast. Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective talents, and innovation, Elwyn supports individuals with diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
Date of Project Launch: November 2016
Goals and Challenges:
- Organic traffic to the site was not up to the client’s satisfaction.
- The client had few SEO rankings in their targeted Geo Locations. The client had four distinct websites representing different locations. The client wanted to create one unified site that would represent all locations.
- Services differed from location to location and the client wanted to be able to target traffic in all of the geographic areas.
- Review and clean up on-page optimization with a focus on a number of selected targeted keywords.
- Improve Google Organic Rankings and Google Places Local rankings.
- Improve Search Engine Traffic (Google, Yahoo and Bing).
- Increase SEO conversions.
- Increase donations.
- Attract more prospective employees.
- Increase brand awareness.
- WSI designed and helped create a website to combine the four existing websites.
- We developed a well-rounded online marketing campaign composed of:
- SEO – Ongoing SEO activities:
- Review and audit selected keywords.
- On-Page optimization revisions for 20 top level pages.
- Strategic link building (Industry directories and local citations.
- Content Writing strategy (Articles/ PR pieces/blog posts).
- Social Bookmarking Submissions.
- PR submissions.
- Video optimization and submission to top level video directories.
- Geo targeted pages for each location.
- Implement Google adwords campaign through the Google Grants Program for Non Profits.
- Optimization of client social media profiles.
- Consistency of logo across social platforms.
- Monthly reports to track campaign performance.
- Consistency of directory listings for 8 locations.
- Internet marketing services provided
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- SEO services
- Social media management
- Content writing
- Video production and optimization
- Online brand consistency
- Targeted geo fencing for 8 locations
- Used dashboard
- Improvement in overall online marketing:
- More traffic from Social and Organic sources.
- Better visibility via rankings targeting multiple geo-targets (Philadelphia, Media, Aston, Delaware, California, San Jose, and New Jersey).
- Major Improvement in Google Organic keyword rankings for targeted keywords in focus locations.
- Increased online donations.
“The emerging Elwyn website is so much better. Thank you for your expertise, patience with us and willingness to help us craft messages in ways that are current, effective and appealing.” – Sandy Cornelius, Elwyn President, Media, Pennsylvania, USA
“WSI spent a lot of time working with us to determine and implement an online presence and digital marketing plan. They helped us pull together four individual websites into a cohesive site with a united digital marketing direction. We had to accurately represent all of our services and locations with a unified look and consistent marketing messages. The results have been positive, with website visits 11% higher than last year at this time. We have keywords that did not rank a year ago that are now ranking on page one of Google Search. We continue to evolve our vision of making the site easier to use and to find Elwyn services on the internet. WSI has been very helpful suggesting ways that will help us reach our goals of increasing online donations, promoting brand awareness and finding qualified employees with the website. We are pleased with the progress and expect online brand recognition and rankings to increase with further efforts from our WSI-Elwyn team.” – Dan Reardon, Elwyn Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Media, PA, USA